The v0.2.0 update to the vitae package is now available on CRAN, and along with it comes with new templates and more features. Read on to learn more, or refer to the changelog for a brief summary.
New templates and themes
This release introduces 5 new styles ready for you to try with your vitae. Theme
support for moderncv has been added,
allowing you to choose between
casual (existing default),
fancy. Themes for
moderncv are specified in the YAML header:
output: vitae::moderncv: theme: classic
Newly added is the classic theme from the latexcv
template is now available using the
vitae::latexcv output format. Other themes
from this template will be added in a future version (contributions welcomed).
If you’d like to contribute a new template to the vitae package, take a look at the creating vitae templates vignette.
This update includes a few incremental improvements. For those creating a new
CV you’ll now start from a more complete example of a vitae that features usage
bibliography_entries(). We hope
that this will make it easier for you to see how each of these functions work,
giving you a quick start to making your own résumé.
We’ve also added two new arguments for the YAML header.
docname can be used to
modify the “Curriculum Vitae” or “Résumé” text that exists in the template. We’ve
surname, which allows special template formatting (output for the
name remains unchanged).
Speaking of surnames, this field will now appear in the dataset returned by
bibliography_entries(). This is particularly useful for the improvements made
to sorting bibliography entries, as they will now respect the order from the data.
Lastly there is a new data sources for vitae vignette, which highlights a few useful approaches to getting data into your CV.
Unfortunately we didn’t get the interface for
bibliography_entries() exactly right in the first version. We have decided that the
sorting are not required and have deprecated them.
sorting argument was a common source of confusion for users that are unfamiliar the sorting interface for LaTeX’s biblatex. Instead, we now use the order of entries in the tibble returned by
bibliography_entries(), which allows you to use
dplyr::arrange() to re-order the entries to suit your needs. Instead of using the
title argument, we now recommend that you use markdown headers.
Thanks to contributions from @chrisumphlett, and @jonmcalder for this release. Contributions are welcomed, check out the GitHub repository for more details: https://github.com/ropenscilabs/vitae